Saturday, July 31, 2010

This is where things get a little weird

So much has gone on in the last little bit. It's been a tad bit insane.


First of all, Sean, Tyler, Demi and I took this wild trip in Bandon, Oregon. Tyler has some family there. It was a small, convoluted and simply wonderful little town. It was on the coast too, so we got to spend some time on the beach (Although I still won't touch a bathing suit with a ten foot pole)
I really tried to keep the number of photos down to a minimum. But it was bloody difficult. There were just so many cool ones.




I kind of picture a barber shop trio going on here. Tyler on bass. Sean a tenor. Demi as our blossoming soprano. Sorry. That analyzing went past the point of being sane. I apologize.


We ate at the restaurant owned by Tyler's grandfather. The food was absolutely amazing. Seriously. It took all my non-carb eating strength not to eat gads and gads of food. All of it.





The suite we were staying in was utterly gorgeous. Seriously. I could fill an entire blog post with the pictures I took of the suite alone. There were clouds painted on the walls of this room. Clouds! Lovely, fluffy, billowy goodness goin' on right there.


And then, almost immediately after that leisurely trip down into Oregon, I was off to music camp with my brother. Thankfully I had no camera, so you will be spared any pictures.
As usual, camp was a lot of work. My fingers and upper arms are still sore, and I keep on waking up with nightmares about CPA's (Concert Preparation Assessments). But at the end of the week, I felt accomplished. And I got to hang out with some of the coolest, most genuine people I know. For a whole week. It was awesome. And bonus! I fell in love with the Elgar Cello Concerto.
It's weird. I'm going to be going back to school in a matter of weeks. But I'm okay with that. I'm perfectly fine with it. I've had a fulfilled summer.

No comments: