Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Post of Celebration

I'm deleting my illegitimate facebook today. The one someone else created for me. I've been using it to stalk one person. But today that all ends.
Really, it just got to the point where it wasn't worth it anymore. My mark did not appear to have a whole lot going on (online anyway).
I, however, do. I painted four doll house chairs a couple days ago. They turned out nicely, I think. I'm not much of a painter though, which is funny, because both my parents are talented in that field.

I'm writing this post with Arlo in my shirt pocket. His eyes are wide open. They have been for a about three days. He was being kind of bratty a few seconds ago when Kelly passed by, because she gets all protective. But now that she's gone, he's calming down. Little dork.

Y'know what I always forget that I love? Magazines. I love how you forget that you were anticipating them until the arrive in the mail. I love the length of articles, how they're never long enough to make you bored, but just long enough to get you hooked. I'm particular to Martha Stewart Living, but hell, I love Game Informer too. If anyone has any recommendations of magazines, I'm thinking of buying a subscription or two.


It's about halfway through the summer at this point. I'm starting to get to the point where I feel like it would be okay to go back. At Junior High, that usually didn't occur to me until about the third week of school. It's a really nice feeling to enjoy school. I'm taking great classes too. It's going to be a great year I think.


Yesterday was my busiest day of the week. I work two markets and both of them are very busy. Between shifts though, I hung out downtown on my own. It was actually really nice. I bought coffee and poked around some of the shops (I ended up buying a white ruffled shirt, though not before I tried on the most unflattering dress I have ever beheld) and then ended up at the library, where I met a couple of people that I knew. I had a great conversation with Kenzie Jo, who will be at SotA next year, and then had a lovely night working with my family and Demi Dawn.


I bought my Mum some gorgeous flowers too. I actually was eyeing a more purply pink bunch beforehand, but then someone snatched them up and ran away cackling and stirring a cauldron. (I do not know how she managed this) I actually felt better though, I had been debating between pink and white (both had the purple covered) and so the lady made the choice for me. I think ended up with the better bunch though. Look at the elegance!

2 comments:

Demi said...

I love the chairs.

And as far as magazines go, National Geographic is The Magazine. It's kind of expensive, but it is worth it.

Anonymous said...

You are Awesome, Miss Pip! Hope to see you again soon!