Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Post of Obligation

A post in honor of my dear Demi.

But also because I want to post, of course.


I noticed a couple days ago, that I am very partial to this avocado green and white combo, as evidenced by the items about. No doubt, when I am older, this will be all over my house. That and milk glass.

I love me some milk glass.

I started work on this hat, last week. It originally had an ugly navy ribbon plastered onto it with a hot glue gun. As you can see, I've remedied that problem with a nice length of robin brown ribbon. Martha would approve I think. But the hat was missing a much needed pizazz.

Enter felted flowers. They're elegant. They're quirky. The coaster has nothing to do with them except that it provides a nice backdrop. I didn't actually felt them myself. But I love them just the same. So I put them on my hat.

The model, who has recently been going by the title La Pip didn't feel like taking a whole face shot, saying something about the integrity of the hat. I think she's full of shit, frankly. I think she's just being overly modest.

In other news, our cat, promiscuous at best, has recently given birth to a litter of five kittens. They're cute, I guess, for cats. I don't know what we'll end up doing with them. Abbie is very much in favor of keeping them, though I don't know what she'll think when they organize into a rodent killing army.

We'll see I guess.


2 comments:

Demi said...

Kittens! Hooray! :)

Er- I mean... uh, Dammit! Kittens!

I shall have to come up and see them soon.

I MISS you Piper.

Charli said...

GREAT photography Piper! I feel weird posting a comment on your post but I really wanted to compliment on that... I LOVE it!