Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wait. May?

This year has gone by faster than both seventh and eighth grade. It's a good thing. I'm not exactly thrilled with Junior High. I need a change of scene. This last semester has gone by especially fast. It's feel like it was only a few days ago that I was waiting to audition for the School of the Arts. Minutes ago that I got new music in the symphony.


The end of the year is going to be really enjoyable. My concert for youth symphony is this Saturday. I am so excited. The theme this year in Russian music. Most of our piece are very exciting and fantastic. But there is one song, Elegie by Faure, which is completely different from the others. I love it so very, very much.




(Sorry about the quality; It was nearly impossible to find a recording of this with Orchestral Accompaniment. At least with a buggy computer it was)


I also have the Ninth Grade Dance coming up. To be honest, I'm only really excited about the peripherals of the night. The dance itself holds no real excitement for me. I'm more concerned about wearing a pretty dress, going to a fun after party, and attending the awards assembly the next day. I think most of the ninth grade class at my school is of the same mind frame.


Market is starting up this weekend. The market is such a nice place to be in the summer. It's friendly and busy and interesting. The people we work with are all really decent people. We're a fairly tight-knit group of vendors, I think. Similar interests and priorities. The customers are cool too. Just happy to be out in the sun, window shopping.


I wish we had more of a garden in the new house. We've had so much clean-up to do in the yard, that we haven't really had time to plant any flowers. I miss the cherry tree that was in our old backyard. For a few weeks in the spring, it made everything delicate and articulated. And the lilac trees, with their dense blooms and heady scent. Peonies. Tulips. Snap Dragons. Heliotrope. Hydrangea. I miss them. Next year though. We'll have a wonderful garden next year.





4 comments:

Demi said...

If it is any consolation, your house is coming along very nicely from what I have seen. Beautiful in fact. :]

Kaitlin Backus said...

The Elegie song is really pretty.
I've always loved the sound of the cello. That's what you play, right? Lately, I've had this urge to listen to classical music. So thanks for satisfying that a bit.

And thanks for commenting my blog. It made me feel less stupid. Ha :)

That guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
That guy said...

Don't go and speak for the whole ninth grade class now pipe. Some of us are looking forward to the dance :) I can't wait to hear your rendition of that piece. That girl will be shaking in her boots after she hears you play. See ya