Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My dog, Basil.

The pain that rocks my head suggests that I have a hippo holding a ton of bricks balancing precariously on my head. My legs are all weak and I'm suddenly shivering. I blow my nose and swallow experimentally.
I come out of the kitchen and observe my slumbering dog, curled into a tiny mass of brown and orange fur (he actually quite resembles a reese's peanut butter cup), in the middle of his bed. I lean down and turn him on to his back. He yawns and licks his lips. I cup my hands around his soft, soft ears and lean my head (Along with a curtain of thick brown hair) towards his. He puts up his minute paws in defence, and they barely brush against my cracked lips. I turn my ear to his chest and listen to his heart. He nibbles on my ear. I scold him.
"Stop that, Bazzy"
I feel another sneeze coming on. I pat his head and return him to his "c" like shape.
"Good Dog.."

No comments: