Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Poem, for which I apologize in advance

In the sun spattered,
and soaked day,
restless and petulant,
I wait.

Make efforts to keep,
the images in my head,
(those of walking,
head down)
from speaking to me.

Don't make a mind,
for him,
that isn't his.
Don't slather your skin,
in hyperboles and
inauthenticities.

These would be
well worn missteps,
and I know better.

armed with the idea
that this may only be
futile,
I face a clear day,
as though the sun,
is finally
finally,
coming up.

3 comments:

Demi said...

Don't apologize, dear. I liked it.
I miss you. I want to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

You definitely don't need to apologize! Although the title did make me laugh. Very Piper-esque haha. But I thought it was wonderful for sure. Greetings from Poland bee tea dub!

Demi said...

Haaa :) Sean...