Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Update on Stuff

Have I mentioned that my school gives me two weeks off for Spring Break? How much awesomeness is that, eh?
I want to make sure I use the time well though. Making stuff and such. There's this craft store in town, a really good one. It's got this one section with all this "Make Your Own Pendant" stuff. Pieces of circular glass. Aluminum flux tape. And best of all, a whole bunch of packaged clock pieces. The gears and faces and hands and such. It hums with potential, but the stuff is expensive. Probably because watches, especially old ones, aren't exactly cheap items.
I think maybe I'll start writing a new story this week. I've got some ideas that are pretty well fleshed out. Although, sometimes, I find that those are the hardest to write. I want to get everything right, down to the plaid of the characters jacket, y'know? Because they've been living with me in my head, I find it difficult to bring them into something as two-dimensional as writing.
Easter is this weekend, as I'm sure many of you are aware. Sean is planning his the Hunt already and I'm getting more and more excited. I wonder if I will do something similar to the Hunt when I get older with my own kids. It seems only right that I would, but I'm not sure I would know quite how to go about it. Sean says starting backward is the trick.
I really wish that I could sew, as I think it would open up a whole new venue of artistry for me. I'm just kind of terrified of sewing machines. Needles rotating at such intervals are not exactly encouraging. And I've heard horror stories before. Maybe I'll just keep relying on my parents. (Because, yes, Sean sews. His seams are impeccable in fact.)
Northie got an iPod Touch earlier this week, and though I would never, ever let him know, I am mad with jealousy. Of course, his iPod is full to the brim with Zombie Killer and Drum Kit Apps, things I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, but sometimes I see glimpses of things that just drive me nots with how cool they are. But I've vowed never to get an iPod again, so I suppose I'm just destined to be envious.

1 comment:

Demi said...

I get to do an Easter egg hunt this year, and I am very excited. Though, it wont be quite as epic as yours.

I love my iPod.

Very much.

Don't be such a hater. :)