Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Rain

First of all, a big picture of this tea. Because I really, really love it, and more importantly, the packaging it comes in. It's so old fashioned and the colors and fonts are perfect. We ran out of it recently, which was really quite a sad thing. Although, I think the empty box might still being sitting in out tea cupboard (Which, now I kind of realize is ridiculous. We have a lot, a lot of tea and a whole cupboard devoted to it. Mountains of it.)
We started discussing existentialism in class today. I think I like it, or at rather, I like all that I've read about it so far. It makes me feel really significant. I might change my mind in a few days, but today and for now, I like it, and am looking forward to learning even more about it. People are saying they find it really depressing. I don't, at least so far. But I'm jumping the gun even talking about it.
We're going through an unexpected dry, cold spell and it's making walking to classes hell. My nose and ears are starting to match my scarlet scarf. I hope it goes away and the heavy rain comes back. Or maybe perhaps the sun. The sun is okay as long as it's not mucky. Do you know what I mean? I can handle clear sunlight, but not muggy sunlight.
I know this is awful, but I can't wait until the summer when I start making money again. I'm having this sudden revival of my taste being thrown in my face. I can feel this definite aesthetic, and I can't really buy anything to supplement it. But I suppose I'd better get used to the feeling. I've still got months to go before the market starts up again.
Did you know that out of the 103 blog posts that I have written, only 67 have been published? I was looking through my archives last night and was totally surprised by that. But apparently there have just been a lot of posts that I didn't deem right to be seen in the light of the day. Which brings me to another point.
Somebody was saying to me the other day that one of the integral traits of a true writer is someone who continues to write without an audience in sight. I don't know if this applies to me or not. On some days, I think that I would definitely write on a deserted island. Other days I tell myself that that would totally not be happening, that I rely on an audience when I'm writing. It's an interesting question I think. I ponder it quite a bit, when I'm walking aimlessly, or looking out a window.
Have I mentioned that music theory is really, really difficult? I feel like I'm accomplishing much, and our teacher is simply the best, but dear god. Just when I start to get something, something else is cautiously introduced and my head explodes. But the class dynamic is great, everyone helping each other and working hard. It's competitive too, but in a nice way. It's more motivational than aggressive.
Speak of the devil, I'd better go work on that. Sorry for the random post.

2 comments:

McKenzie Baldwin said...

piper, I miss you.
I tried to visit today but you were gone. I have spectacular news though.
I'm sota bound next year!
I'm still waiting for everyones results, but you'll be seeing quiet a few of us kalles kids next year.
Im excited

Kaitlin Backus said...

You definitely sounds like a true writer to me! And I totally know what you meant with the whole music theory thing. Except in my case, it's biology.

I love every single one of your posts no matter how random they are!