Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Indulgent


I like getting new things. Who doesn't? But I especially like it when all of my purchases fit together and reassure me of my aesthetic. The book pictured is "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, as prescribed by my English Teacher for the honors assignment. I like it. It's heady stuff, and it's rather frustrating because no one ends up happy, ever, but it's well written. It's highly descriptive.
This is my school's last week of school, and I haven't quite come to terms with that yet. I mean, I'll still be busy, what with work and my impending cello recital, but it going to be weird not seeing everyone everyday. And who knows when I'll see any of the seniors? It's kind of sad, even though I'm very happy for them.
At least it hasn't been sunny. I hate the sun. It's so showy and exasperating. No one ever gives the rain any credit for being beautiful and making everything green. Ridiculous.

2 comments:

Kaitlin Backus said...

:) Piper, you are awesome. I love your new skirt. And I love that you're the only person in the world who curses the sunshine.
I hope your Summer is wonderful. Maybe I'll be seeing some of you when I visit Demi.:)

Demi said...

Of course! We should all hang out downtown soon. And Kaitee, we have to show Piper Websterville.

I love the sunshine. And the rain. They make everything green together. :)