Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Pressing


I decided to do some flower pressing about two days ago. We don't really have a garden. More a collection of little sproutings in terracotta pots. But we have two roses, and a hellebore (that's the one at the top left) and that's good enough for me.



I used this press, which I made last summer. Sean helped me, because I'm frightened of power tools, but it came out quite nicely. It's a nice size at about 4 by 6 inches. It's all fancy and varnished too.

Okay. I'm a little proud.





I think these are going to turn out nicely. They're really lovely to use when I'm designing the front of my binders in the fall, for school, or on cards. They're very old fashioned feeling.

I picked up two new albums on Saturday (which was insane, by the way, three events going on simultaneously, and a cello rehearsal to get to. Glad that is over.). One of them is the new Imogen Heap album, Ellipse. I wasn't really understanding why I wasn't all over this before. She is one of my favorite artists of all time. I'm glad now though, because I have the entire summer to digest this thoroughly wonderful music. I especially like 2-1 and Tidal.

The other album is by Bruno Coulais, the soundtrack to the Secret of Kells, a movie I went and saw on Wednesday. It was fantastic. It was animated, and really a piece of art. I find it interesting that the last animated movie I said that about was Coraline and Bruno Coulais did the soundtrack to that as well. Trending anyone? Anyway, it's delightful, though maybe one of those things you want to put on when embarking on a long project, because the album should really stand together as one big song. It's wonderful stuff.

Though I miss school, I feel excited. I have an abundance of projects suddenly, that I want to finish, and outings that I have planned. It's going to be a good summer, I think.

No comments: