Monday, June 08, 2009

The End of Much

Saturday was my last performance of Night of Musical Theatre 2.0 at my school. We had a really great closing night, but as always, our success was tinged with melancholy. I'm going to miss NoMT. There's a class a SoTA (School of the Arts) that's all about musical theatre, but I don't really think I'll be able to take it, what with all the music and writing classes I'll hopefully be taking. It makes me sad to leave that aspect of my life behind. It's been really great. And unfortunately, I was just getting the hang of the dancing.
There's only two more weeks to go until I am out of school. I honestly cannot wait. I know there are a lot of people who are sad to be leaving Junior High. I'm not really one of those people. Not that I haven't enjoyed Junior High, I just prefer summer. I miss having the time to read books and make things. I miss having enough time in the day to play a little bit of World of Warcraft (especially because my new server is full of really benevolent people. I was getting tired of being told I was going to die alone.). And then there's also the possibility that next year will be an improvement on this year. I'm so excited. And even if SoTA isn't all I expect of it, at least it will be new.

I'm getting a little frightened. The ninth grade dance is only a week away and I still haven't gotten my dress or made plans with my friends. I don't know what parties are going on. I don't know when I'm getting my hair done (Achgh, I know. I'm one those girls. But not really. I needed to get my hair cut and thinned anyway. It was just a coincidence. I promise!) or when I'm eating dinner. I'm all over the place because Show Week and my Romeo and Juliet Project are coinciding and that is super stressful.

Hopefully, I'll finish up my diorama tonight and have enough time to take some pictures so that I can post 'em on here. My project is getting to the point where I'm actually excited about the way it looks. And I like my Romeo and Juliet dolls that I made. I'm really proud of them. Ridiculously so. This project, though stressful, has been one of my favorite assignments this year.

My cello recital is coming up. After that, I stop lessons with Nicole for the summer. That scares me a little. I have Youth Symphony auditions in August, and I'm worried that I'll forget how to play my piece by some mental disaster. What's cool though is that I'll be starting my Faure piece. I'll be working on it by myself, which will be a new thing for me. I'm actually quite excited about that.

I really need to get to a thrift store. I have no clothing for the summer (Okay, weird sentence. Didn't mean to do that). When I do find a dress that's cool enough, it makes me look like a go-go dancer. Not exactly the look I'm going for. Maybe when school gets out Mum will take us to the Value Village in the city. That would be really nice.

I realize that this is sort of a random post. But, I've been gone so long that I thought it would just write an all around update. My next post will hopefully be more cohesive.

1 comment:

Demi said...

you've been gone long? ha.