Sunday, January 06, 2008

Tales from the Kitty-Catkin Tent

The transparent flap that was the door let the light filter through. I wished for snow. Read some book that my sister had left in her little world. As I turned to the back page, I read a inscription from my mother, encouraging me before a performance. I remembered a solo cello recital. My first....
I heard my North calling me. I ignored my brother, asking me to watch him play the xbox. I ignored him. But I needed that moment. Waiting for the normal week's ritual to set in. For the breath-stealing speed of busied life, the anticipation of seeing, and the heavy that I knew would soon take my mind. No more clay under my fingernails for awhile. No more raiding thrift stores until it all calms down. More meanlingless tasks that mean nothing to their master's.
Good-bye Winter. Please snow..
I crawled out of the tent. Moment shattered.

7 comments:

TYLER said...

myspace was featuring her profile and thats how i found out about her. plus shes friends with other people/bands i like

(look into her friends:
the bird and the bee (band)
and Inara george(singer))

Shari said...

Miss Pip,

I love your blog. You write beautifully. I hope you don't mind but I put a link to you on my blog.

rennratt said...

Shari sent me here to meet you.

This is excellent writing.

Please keep it up!

Miss Pip said...

Yay! I love links! Thank you!
It's nice to meet you rennrat...

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

This is great stuff. Slightly detached but engaging at the same time.

Demi said...

i really enjoy your post, even though i usually cant reply. you know.. the usual computer problems.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!