Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Smilies and Superficial

Ok. So I'm playing Guild Wars. Yes, Guild Wars.


Insert laughter at my nerd-like habits here


Done? Excellent. So, I'm playing Guild Wars, and I'm trying to get some nice new armor for my mesmer*. I notice another mesmer* in my area and run over to her to inspect her armor. I must be pretty obvious, because two minutes later, she waves at me, in a "What the heck are you doing, you strange and perverted grandpa?" sort of way. So I explain my staring.


"Just admiring your armor*"


And then. She starts.. Slowly at first, and then snow balling into a obsessive stream.

^.^ It's ok..

XD

(At this point, I'm not freaked out yet. Just curious. So I post again)

It goes great with you hair color..

Thanks. I love your face

._.

Oh.. Thanks.

Should have made a factions* mesmer*.

:/

XD

(Silence on my part. I'm trying to count smileys. Note that each new line is another post.)

Well, cya! I'm off to explore!

^.^

Oh. Good Luck.

Thank you

XD

Best of luck to you too

Thanks.

X3

8 smileys. In one conversation. I shudder to think about the amount of paper she uses when she writes letters. This is over usage of the beloved smiley, right? Or am I just too submerged in the stone age?



About once every week, I get someone asking why I wear what I do. (I wear lots of flowy long dresses and several combinations of leggings and skirts.) I look over myself carefully, making sure that I'm not wearing a clown suit, because by the look their giving me, I might be. No, same old, same old..
"Ummm. It's comfortable?"
Why though? I mean, it truly baffles me. I mean, I dress differently, but not that differently. I don't ask people why they wear holister t-shirts and short plaid skirts, so why do people ask me? And the truth is, I don't wear my clothes to be different, I wear them to be myself. I'm not sure if I'm offended or just confused. Should I be? Or am I entirely overreacting?
Gives me a lot to think about.

3 comments:

TYLER said...

i love the way you dress.

Miss Pip said...

Hey, thanks tyler :)

Demi said...

"Um. It's comfortable?"