Friday, November 26, 2010

Holidays Ushering In

Have you noticed that my house seems to be home to an astounding array of decorative birds? They're everywhere I turn.
Thanksgiving holiday runs for a week at SotA so, I've been home all week. But then it's been snowing too, so my younger siblings got to stay home as well. It's been nice. I've been drinking lots of tea and getting work done and catching up, a little bit, on my reading. Again, now I have left from a mighty pile of homework is music theory. How does that always seem to happen?

Thanksgiving was lovely. It was just my immediate family and we ate and they played board games (I don't play most board games on principle, something that drives my Dad and my brother nuts) and then later a scary video game downstairs (Also, not my idea). Everyone was happy and full and tired and it was just a good day.

Earlier in the week Demi and I took the train into the city (which was freezing) and spent the day poking in and out of shops, trying go quickly from store to store in order to stay warm. It was lovely if surprisingly tiring day. We laughed at some ridiculously overweight pigeons.

Today my sister and my Mum and I walked down to a park in search of some very specific pine cones. We looked through two parks to no avail. Dismayed, and cold and tired we decided to walk into town and find some tea, and then, just as we turned the corner, we saw the tree and the pine cones we needed. We shoved twenty in a plastic bag and went to go get some celebratory tea anyway.

We went to this little tea shop down town and I just about died. Seriously. You could order scones and a pot of tea, which had a tea cozy (!) and then there was this little gift store where you could buy the same tea and tea cups and pots and any kind of tea paraphernalia you could possibly want. It was just perfect. I want to go there for my birthday, which strangely is in just eleven days. I don't when that happened. But I'm excited anyway. Anyway, it was a beautiful place. I'm going to take my friends there soon.

I'm a little frightened by the encroaching finals week. I've been doing all the work that I can to ensure that it isn't as awful as it was last year. We'll see though. There's only so much I can do. It'll be a race until the end, probably as usual.

1 comment:

Demi said...

That tea shop sounds nice. We ought to go there. Where is it? And I know what you mean about the homework...