Saturday, January 03, 2009

Internet Ads

I just came across the following Internet oo-shiny-please-touch-me- ad:

"His IQ is 80
R U smarter than Obama?"

Underneath was some person's sad attempt at a portrait of the president elect. His head was wobbling back and forth in a bobblehead-esque fashion.

It wasn't really the words or the-ahem- art that caught my eye (Obama, Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears, the Clintons, and Paris Hilton, all allegedly have an IQ of 80.) It was more the fact that I realized that I didn't believe the ad for even a millisecond. Brushed it off. Which was strange. I was used to seeing Bush's phony grin plastered all over those very same IQ test ads, and pausing for a bit wondering if it was at all possible.
I think America is going to have to get used to having a smart president. That's exciting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bush was a perfectly smart president. You cant please everyone, and when you're the president, a lot of people won't like you. Give it time. Plenty of people won't like Obama, and his supporters will shrug and say it's racism.

Anonymous said...

perhaps youre confused.obama isn't the first smart president.hes the first black president.

Anonymous said...

She never said that Obama was going to be our first smart president. She never even implied that.

And I will not comment on the first comment.

Your post made me smile.
Thank you.

Emma said...

I'm back guuuurrrl/

http://youdowhatyoulove.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

i love your blog, but this post was a little too much for me. i'm sure that obama is a very smart man and will be an excellent president. however, bush was also smart. just saying.
you should blog more often! i really enjoy reading it!

Anonymous said...

blog! it's been more than a month!